Aspiring Athletes 6 Updates
3 August 2015
Hi Families and Friends,
Heading into the week we have a few updates:
1. Rod's squad Postponed -
Rod is in Blenheim with an ill father. We wish him and his family well and look forward to his return for Thursday 13 th.
2. The Junior programme with Bron, Kate and Tim for yr 1 – 3 & Yr 4-7 is on Thursday 3.30 pm at the Wanaka Hall. All welcome.
3. The Senior Squad with Val for yr 10-13 is on Tuesday 3.30 pm. Val’s 8 & 9yr Thursday runners restart 27 th August after college's cross country programme.
4. Congratulations to Sammy Burke (15) and Janus (16) who were exceptional while racing in the National cross Country event over the weekend in ChCh.
was 4th in the under 18 race after racing in 3rd place for 3 kms before being overtaken by National 3000 m Champion Harriet Bush in the final km. Janus Stauffenberg
(16) was 9th in the under 18 race and as both athletes still have several years in their respective grades, they are tracking very strongly in their development and amongst a very competitive field. Huge thanks is extended to Val
for her skilled coaching and total commitment to the senior squad.
5. Coaching Courses - Ideal for any adult offering parent help in sport. Let me know if you are interested in any of the following. These are great foundation courses and suitable for all sports involvement. Give it a go !
a) 'Getting Started' in Coaching
b) 'Better Coaching" which is about getting to know your athlete and self- awareness as a coach
c) Strength and Conditioning seminar
6. Committee Meeting
You are welcome to join our committee meeting anytime or offer info/requests for the agenda. Our next meeting is this Wednesday 7 pm @ 511 Ballantyne Rd. RSVP 0274 733141.