Congratulations to cross country runners
28 June 2015
A huge congratulations goes out to our college cross country runners who competed in the NZ secondary Schools Champs last weekend in Dunedin. The numbers competing in each grade were excessive and our 8 athletes did exceptionally well with results reflecting the time, effort and dedication from both athlete and coach, Val Burke - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ! Val's coaching developed not only top physical form, but mental toughness and personal belief. The club sincerely appreciates her support and excellent coaching.... rain, hail, wind or MUD !
The results were:
Yr 9 Girls(3km) - Fiona Murray 27 th out of 81.
Yr 9 Boys(3 km)- Julius Staufenberg 29 th out of 152
Jnr Girls(3 km) - Phoebe Young 18th, Bella Fraser 57th out of 93
Jnr Boys(4 km)- Gregor Findlay 7 th out of 146
Snr Girls(4 km) - Sammy Burke 5 th out of 119 and selection into the NZ Xcountry team to compete in Australian in August.
Snr Boys(6 km) - Janus Staufenberg 48 th out of 208 runners.
- Athletes wanting to compete over the winter or summer, at junior or senior regional / national events need to be registered as 'a competitor' with our club. This registration fee includes squad training and the required registrations to Athletics Otago and NZ.
- Val's Squads continue training Term 3 @ MAC. (Competitive)
- Rod's Squad re-starts Tuesday 4 th August @ MAC. (Competitive).
- Bron, Kate and Tim's Junior Programme starts 23 rd July - Thursdays 3.30 pm @ Wanaka Primary Sch Hall for Yr 1-4 & yr 5-7 athletes.
- Next events are: Otago Cross Country Club Champs - 11 th July, Dunedin followed by the NZ Cross Country Club Champs – 1 st August, Christchurch. Grades: U13yrs through to Master. http://www.athleticsotago.co.nz/