Code of Conduct
We expect all athletes, parents and supporters to agree to our club’s Code of Conduct.
To agree, please tick the box on the registration page.
For Managers, Coaches, Parents and Supporters
- Take part in good spirit, for fun and not to just please parents and/or coaches.
- Abide by the rules
- Show respect for officials, equipment, facilities and grounds.
- Work equally hard for yourself and when away, for your club team.
- Be a good sport
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Co-operate with your coach, team mates, opponents and officials. Without them there would be no athletics nights or away meetings.
- Challenge and develop your own athletic potential.
- It is not whether you win or lose, but how you compete both on club night and at meetings.
- Ensure children are involved in organized sport for their enjoyment not yours.
- Encourage children to abide by the rules
- Remember children take part for the enjoyment and winning is only part of their motivation
- Avoid concentrating on talented youngsters. The ‘average’ athletes need to and deserve equal time.
- Focus upon the child’s efforts and performances rather than the overall outcome of the event
- Never ridicule or shout at a child making a mistake or losing a competition
- Children learn best by example, applaud good performance by everyone
- If you disagree with an official, raise the issue through the appropriate channel, (your team manager) rather than question the official in public.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from supporting activities.
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer managers, coaches and officials. They give their time and resources to provide sporting activities for children.
- Remember officials are parents, temporarily performing a different function.
- Understand when requests are made for assistance to help with an event, or to move equipment etc, it is because we do not have enough officials to do it. In cases when no helpers are available, that particular event may need to be cancelled for the day.
- When at a meeting if you are not an official, or assisting officials, then you are not permitted inside the track during the competition.